Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Charged full amount although I am subscribed to a student subscription?

Charged full amount although I am subscribed to a student subscription?

Hi there, I had signed up to spotify using the student discount deal through unidays. I have just checked my account to see when my membership would expire, however I have noticed you have been charging me the full amount of £9.99 per month as opposed to the discounted £4.99.

Could you please check what has happened here as this obviously is a big difference in the amount I have been paying compared to what I should have been paying.

Kind regards,

Sabi

5 Replies

Hey @iJustSaBii,

When did you sign up to the student discount?

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I was signed up to it last year and renewed it through UNiDAYS back in august

Thanks for letting me know.

Your student discount is active for 12 months from the moment you apply it to your account. After that, your account will revert to the standard Premium rate.

This is so Spotify can check your eligibility each academic year. Spotify has automatically sent you an email reminder when your discount was about to expire. If you’re still a student, you can reapply for an additional 12 months at https://spotify.com/student.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi there, I understand that and I am also aware of this. However when my first 12 months expired, I went through UNiDAYS again to get the student discount for the next 12 months. However I have been charged at full rate for some reason. Can you look into this.

Thanks

Hey @iJustSaBii!

Thanks for getting in touch via the Community. 

We'd recommend getting in contact with us directly via email, or by tweeting our support handle. We'll be able to help you out further for this, and take a look under the hood at your account.

Thanks,
Jack

Suggested posts