Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Charged full price but have a student subscription

Charged full price but have a student subscription

Hi

I have a student premium subscription for spotify so i have been paying £4.99 per month for spotify. My most recent bill was for £9.99 though but there is no reason for this increase. I am still registered as a student and have recieved no emails telling me to reverify or anything to similar effect.

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

5 Replies

Hi there @hitmanharry

thanks for posting !

Please visit your account overview page at Spotify.com to make sure of your subscription status.

If it states your on the Student plan, please check out this help page of the plan and scroll down for further info and steps to correct it.

Hope this helps 🙂

Hi OneByBoo

I checked my account overview and it didn't show me as a student so I have reapplied for student verification. I am unsure why my account is like this though? For the previous months I have had a student subscription and recieved no emails saying my account type was changing.

Thanks,
Harry

Hi @hitmanharry,

thanks for the update!

Let's wait for the verification.

Mean while, please make sure that your account holds the right e-mail address for further info if sent.

Have a great day 🙂

Hi OnebyBoo

Since last speaking i have been reconfirmed as a student by spotify. So, as I was on the student price before and all parties agree I should still be on the student price is there any way i can go about getting a refund for the extra I paid?

I should only pay £4.99 so it was very confusing to see a charge for £9.99 and now spotify is agreeing that I am a student its irritating that the issue came up in the first place.

Thanks,

Harry

Hi @hitmanharry,

thanks for the update !

Glad to hear you were able to reclaim your student plan aligabilty.

In order to have further knowledge and direct your qestion to the right factors, please make sure to visit this Spotify official "Refunds" page.

Have a great day 🙂

Suggested posts