Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Charged full price when I am verified as a student.

Solved!

Charged full price when I am verified as a student.

I've been using the student discount, but recently lost and deactivated my credit card. My Premium expired, then when I added a new payment option, it charged me full price even though I was still verified as a student.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @jackg17,

thanks for the update !

If your subscription status says you're on Premium now and the next one would be a Student plan charge, it means there must have been an issue with your eligibility on this month.

It's a good start that it states your next billing date would charge you for the Student plan.

If there was no change in your account like payment method, e-mail etc that might have caused it, please check out this refunds page for further info.

Hope this helps 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hi there @jackg17,

hope you're doing well !

Can you please visit your account overview page at Spotify.com and let me know which subscription type is mentioned there ?

Waiting on your update 🙂

My plan says Spotify Premium, and it says my next bill will be Premium for Student (November 21). I just don't know why I was charged the full amount when my account was already approved for the student discount before paying.
Marked as solution

Hi there @jackg17,

thanks for the update !

If your subscription status says you're on Premium now and the next one would be a Student plan charge, it means there must have been an issue with your eligibility on this month.

It's a good start that it states your next billing date would charge you for the Student plan.

If there was no change in your account like payment method, e-mail etc that might have caused it, please check out this refunds page for further info.

Hope this helps 🙂

Suggested posts