Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Charged multiple times

Solved!

Charged multiple times

I was setting up my very first subscription with student discount, I was having trouble with the student verification process, which, required me to repeat the process plenty of times. As part of the process, I reentered my card's credentials many times taking note of Spotify's "spotify hasn't charged you yet" note every time I do so. When I checked my account this morning, I was charged 6 times under Spotify's name. What to do?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The verification has most likely failed or you didn't fully complete the payment process.

A pending charge is a part of your bank or credit card company’s authorization process. When you submit a payment, they place a temporary authorization on the funds.

If the transaction doesn’t successfully complete, no money will be taken and the charge will soon disappear. The time this takes can vary, depending on your bank/credit card company. For more information, contact your bank/credit card company.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Same thing happened to me, the charged me even though it said they "are not charging anything" and like my account is not premium I can't listen to music but like they charged me and they didn't even ask me about my college info

Yes, exactly. Do they have a solution to this?

Same thing happened to me. I hope that they can come with a solution

Hey @6YX @Andrei2911 @aidanavarrete,

Have you received a receipt from Spotify via Email?

MaximSpotify Star

No i haven't, I was confused why i didn't recive som kind of ensurence that i bought premium

Marked as solution

The verification has most likely failed or you didn't fully complete the payment process.

A pending charge is a part of your bank or credit card company’s authorization process. When you submit a payment, they place a temporary authorization on the funds.

If the transaction doesn’t successfully complete, no money will be taken and the charge will soon disappear. The time this takes can vary, depending on your bank/credit card company. For more information, contact your bank/credit card company.

MaximSpotify Star

Yes but just one receipt. saying that my payment was successful.

Hey @6YX,

And you got your student Premium, right?

If so, the other 5 charges are most likely pending 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

What do you mean pending sir?

@6YX

If the transaction doesn’t successfully complete, no money will be taken and the charge will soon disappear. The time this takes can vary, depending on your bank/credit card company.

For more information, contact your bank/credit card company.

MaximSpotify Star

Thanks for that. I've read somewhere here that whenever there multiple charges occur due to an error it us usually compensated by spotify not charging on the successive months, is that true?

If the payments are pending, you won't be charged 🙂 Therefore there is no compensation to be given.

Feel free to re-apply for the student discount at https://spotify.com/student. Make sure you enter the right details.

MaximSpotify Star

No I haven't, thanks

I am having the same problems as some of the people on here. I applied for the student discount and bought the premium along with it.  Im guessing it got accepted because I received an email asking to confirm my new account. I accepted it and it said "youre all set". But when I go back to my spotify it says that I havent bought the premium. I did. I sent my info in multiple times and it still will not let me listen to music. I repeated this process mutliple times and it still wont work. I even deleted the app and redownloaded it, logged out and in countless times, and checked for a receipt and never got one. But  Then when I checked my bank statements it says I was charged 4 times??!!!! It took the money out. Im so confused on what it going on and Im getting VERY FRUSTRATED. I only want the one subscription along with the free trial for now. HELP

Suggested posts