College Premium payment not working

Highlighted

Re: College Premium payment not working

Hi @nidhir,

Thanks for getting back to us! 

Can you tell us which country you're from?

Also,could you confirm you're using credit and not debit cards?

Thanks in advance!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Highlighted

nidhir
Regular

Hello,

I am using credit cards which have international transactions enabled. I have previously used them on US websites and they worked fine. I am from India.

Spotify  recently launched here so I wanted to try the premium using student discount. I can try with debit card also but have not tried that yet. 

Thanks

Highlighted

Hi @nidhir,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop! 

Thanks for confirming your country. Many debit cards in India don’t allow recurring payments. If you try with a debit card but it doesn't allow recurring payments, you'll get an error message such as "This card doesn’t allow monthly billing. If your card has been charged, we’ll reverse the transaction.You can still get Premium - just change to a prepaid plan, or try another card."

Another thing you could give a try is subscribing through this link on a Desktop device - https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/ .

You should be able to pay with VISA, Mastercard, UPI, or through PAYTM. You can see the payment methods available to you on your account page.

If it doesn't do the trick, can you use an alternative payment method? 

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply.

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Highlighted

nidhir
Regular

Hello, 

Thanks for the reply. I selected a prepaid plan and it is working fine for that option. You may be correct that recurring payment is somehow not working well with all my credit cards.

I thank both @Petya and @Ivan for taking out their time and providing solutions to the users. 

Regards

N

Highlighted

tusharrenjhen
Casual Listener

Hello, I've been facing the similar problem, and it isn't that my card doesn't allow for recurring payments or isn't from the same company, it just asks for the OTP verification and then goes back to the page where it shows "something went wrong, try again or get help".

I've tried different ISPs, different cards, different browsers, and have had no luck.

SUGGESTED POSTS