Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Discount for university students

Discount for university students

Hello,

I'm Sılam from Turkey. Yesterday I wanted to get a premium account with a student discount and I have sent all the documents needed to Spotify and the money (6,99 TL) has been sent from my bank account. Yet I'm not a premium user. In that moment, what should I do to verify my student discount ? I don't want to cancel it because I want to use Spotify premium. How can I activate it or what will you guys do in that matter ? Thank you so much for your help!

6 Replies

Hey @silamcelik3, welcome to the Spotify Community!

Did you receive a payment confirmation email from Spotify?

Let me know 🙂

No I haven't but according to my bank account the price for premium account for students has been paid to Spotify and I read someting in the website of Spotify saying that 'If we’re unable to verify your student I.D, you won’t be eligible to claim the student discount. In this instance, any charges will show on your statement as ‘pending’. This means your bank has put a temporary authorization on the funds, but no money has actually been taken.' 

I have sent all the documents needed but SheerID wanted me to log into its account which I couldn't because I dont have SheerID account. This may be the reason why I cant be premium ? 

@silamcelik3,

Yeah, in this case, the charge should show on your statement as ‘pending’. This means your bank has put a temporary authorization on the funds, but no money has actually been taken because Spotify has not yet verified your student status. Check out some more info here: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/student_discount/i-paid-for-the-student-discount-bu...

So, can I re-dowland my documents ? Because I think the reason could be the SheerID part that I mentioned on my previous message. 

@silamcelik3,

It can take some time to verify your student status, so I'd suggest waiting until you get an email from SheerID either confirming or rejecting your status before you continue.

Please let me know if you have other questions 🙂

This, I will do ! Thank you so much for your help..! 

Suggested posts