Plan

Free/Premium

Turkey

Device

Macbook Pro mid 2012)

Operating System

(iOS 10)

My Question or Issue

Hi, last few days, I applied for student discount. I uploaded my syllabus as my student certificate. After 2-3 days, I got my e mail from Spotify. It was saying that my status was verified. It was saying I have to re-enter my payment information to start using my premium account as a student status. But I didn't check my payment info in the day. Today, a few days after I received this message, I check the link that was referring to a student discount . I clicked the link and it referred me to a page. There was a click button that saying "benefit from student discount". I clicked it. 

But; there is a problem at this point because the message in the page that newly opened was like this " THE STUDENT INFORMATION IS ALREADY LINKED TO ANOTHER SPOTIFY ACCOUNT." 

I'm attaching the screen shots of the pages . 

Please help me. 

Thanks. 

< Community Rock Star edit - Removed personal info >

1 Reply

Hey there @mesmerizedbrain,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community!

This sounds like you've already claimed the discount on another Spotify account. No worries, in this case, you can check this guide on how to find other accounts.

Once you've located the account you applied the discount, you can upgrade to Premium at the discounted rate there and follow the steps to close your old account

If you want to have your playlists over to your second account, you can follow the steps below:

1. Make sure all your playlists in your old account are set to Public. You can also make a playlist called Your Music and copy all your saved songs there.
  2. Once you've confirmed all your playlists are public, log out of your old account.
  3. For the next steps, we'd recommend using a desktop device:Log in to your new account and search for your old account's profile. You can do so by typing spotify:user:username in the search bar (you need to replace username with your old account's username).
  4. Once you've located your old account's profile page, head to the tab Public Playlists. All your playlists should be displayed there.
  5. Click on a playlist.
  6. Once you've opened that playlist, select all the songs contained in it.
  7. Right click the selected songs and click Add to Playlist > New Playlist.  This step will create a new playlist to your new account containing the same songs. You can name the playlist the same name it had on the old account if you wish, or give it a different one.
  8. Repeat for all your playlists.

Hope this helps!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts