Step 1

NEXT STEP

Fails to verify

Fails to verify

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Hello,

I have tried to verify my account as a student many times today. I have had a free account for several years and have finally decided to use premium. I click the premium for students option, fill in my name, university, and date of birth, and click enter, but it says "Unfortunately, we couldn't confirm that you're a student.
Please check your details and try again."

I have read the how-to, FAQs, and help page for both spotify and SheerID, so please don't send me to read those again. THEY DO NOT HELP. The university I attend shows up, so that isn't the problem. SheerID says I need to submit proof of being a student, so I click on the link and it takes me back to the Spotify verification page that I have filled out close to thirty times at this point. I am not given the opportunity to submit any proof of attendance at my university, which is why I think it isn't working. Telling me "oh, you can submit A, B, or C to prove you are a student" will not help me either because I am not given the chance to submit that paperwork. Again, every time I go to SheerID to find where to submit this information, it circles me back around to Spotify and their useless page with the useless FAQs and help pages. 

What in the world can I do to get this discount, because I qualify for the discount yet spotify seems intent on not giving it to me. 

6 Replies

I am having this same issue, i have submitted my monthly tuition report and my non filer form with the school letter head and my edu is my account email..Its a no brainer kf a student is using a edu their still enrolled in the school..my school comes up for verification but my country is not on the list..And i was student status for 3 months now i cant renew or verify my student status. Can someone please help.

Hey there @klkearney and @Tayraejohnson,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

Apologies for the delayed response, we just came across this thread.

Could you let us know if you’re still having troubles with this?

If you do, we'd first recommend giving it a try in an incognito or private window in your browser.

Let us know how it goes! We’ll be right here if you still need help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hello,

I am still having this problem, and I even tried to go incognito. It just keeps telling me it failed to verify. 
Please get back when you can.

Hi! I am also having this issue. I've tried to switch from my premium to student premium since I started school and it always fails to verify. My university shows up just fine too. I've tried incognito windows, going through Sheer ID, giving it a few days to verify and working through the FAQ's and it still fails to verify, so if I could get some extra help that would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much!

Hi, i got in contact with Support and gave them my info..They restablished the account.

Hey again folks,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop and apologies for the delayed response!

@klkearney, glad to hear that this was resolved. If there's anything else we can help with, don't hesitate to give us a shout 🙂

@GabiR and @Mapi1, you mention that you're having troubles verifying. Just to confirm, are you seeing an error message? It'd be helpful if you could give us some additional details on which part of the process you're having troubles with. 

If possible, you can also attach a screenshot of what you see so we can take a closer look - just make sure that there's no private/sensitive info displayed.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your replies 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts