Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family account for siblings living in different countries

Family account for siblings living in different countries

Hello,
I have somewhat specific case, but maybe you can help me.
I have myself a spotify premium and just upgraded to a family account for my two brothers. We are all from Czech republic, but my youngest brother lives in Germany and middle one in different city. I travel a lot for work to Jordan and Lebanon, sometimes stay even several months. Last time I was gone for 7 months in a row, but I never know beforehand how long I will stay. We all travel a lot for longer periods of time. Is there a way how we can all use the same account or should I cancel the subscription?

Thank you

Barush

3 Replies

Hey @barushmaush.

Thanks for getting in touch!

All users within a Premium for Family plan need to live on the same address. You can read more about this in our Terms and Conditions.

Sorry about that! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Hey @Guido,

My family is currently based in Italy, I'm abroad for a small period of time (NL). The Family Premium subscription is still working fine for me, my brother and my father. However, when I try to add my mother to it, the terrible Spotify's "geo-location" recognition system does not allow her to sing up for it.

Do you have any tips on how to solve this?

Also, I find ridiculous that Spotify decided to make it as difficult as possible to email their assistance team.

Kind regards,

Leonardo Vida

Hey @leonardovida.

Thanks for getting back to us, and thanks for your feedback on the Premium for Family plan! We will make sure it gets to the right folks here at Spotify.

Despite this, it is still the case that you all have to be living on the same address to benefit from the Premium for Family plan, so we can't really give you any tips on this.

We do get this question a lot from users who are often on-the-move, and we've created a Spotify Answer for this scenario which we hope you'll fine useful 🙂

With regard to contacting our Customer Support team, the best way to do it is by going here. It will give you the different options of getting in touch with our different support teams. 

In any case, we'll always be happy to help you out here in the Community in case you have any questions or you need help with anything.

Hope this helps! Have a good one 🙂

Suggested posts