Free premium trial for students

Plan

Premium

Country

India

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I just paid for 1 month premium under student premium, and it was showing that I'll get free 1 month trial. Where can I check that I have recieved that free trial or not? Or is their anything I have to do next to access that trial.

5 Replies

Hey there @CodeLogist,

Thanks for reaching out here and welcome to the Community!

You can check the status of your subscription by following the steps here. If you signed up for Premium but can't see your Premium features, you should take a look at this support page.

Keep in mind that if you subscribed for a free trial and your account is still on Free, it's possible that you're not eligible for that offer.

This can happen if you've paid for Premium in the past on another account with the same payment method or if your account was on Premium as member of a Family plan before. In those cases it won't be possible to activate any trial offer, since they're intended for users who've never tested Premium. For full information on this, check out this support article. 

Hope you'll find this info useful. Give us a shout in case you've still got any questions 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi @Xenia,
Thanks for your reply. But I haven't paid for a premium before or never used the payment method neither ever had Premium for Family. When I subscribed for premium for student and paid for it, I was directly converted to a premium user and all features were accessible also at the Account overview, it was showing me 2 months left for the premium. But now after 1 month of using it, It says my premium is over, I don't know why Spotify did it, the first month should be free and the next month should also start as a premium for which I paid. I paid on 6th march 2020 for Premium for Students and it was showing that my premium is till 5th May 2020. I would really appreciate If you could rectify it or see my subscription date or provide me the contact details for the department handling these kind of faults.

Thanks for the additional info @CodeLogist!

If you were able to get the student discount and you were charged directly, it's possible that you used a non-recurring payment method.

A prepaid subscription doesn't allow you to start a plan with a trial. You get the Premium time you paid for right away.

You can scroll to the bottom of this page to see the available payment methods for recurring Premium and for a prepaid subscription.

To find more info on Spotify refunds, you can take a look here.

We hope this shines some light on the situation. We'll be here if you need more help.

Take care!

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

So, Will I be able to get a free premium for a month now? And Is there any way I could get a refund for this charge. You should have mentioned this while selecting and paying for a premium that non-recurring payment methods are not applicable for free premium trial. It was just showing pay for premium and get 1 month free.

Hey @CodeLogist,

To clarify, you're eligible for trials only if you never activated Premium before. 

For further help regarding your refund request, feel free to get in touch with our folks in the Support team. You can do this by following the steps here in the section called Write to us

Hope you'll find this useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts