Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

From Premium to Student

Solved!

From Premium to Student

Hi!

So I just got charged on my card today for Premium Spotify since my 3 month .99 cent offer was up but I wanted to switch to the student discount. Since my charge is still pending since it just got onto my card today would I be able to get that money back and go to student?

Thanks! 

Monica

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @MonicaC1, welcome to the community!

That's a good question. I think it'll most likely go through since if it couldn't find funds the system would try a couple times to get the payment before it reverted to Free. However, you can still sign up for the Student Discount, if you're eligible, and the discounted rate will automatically begin on your next billing date. You can check the status of your subscription at any time. 

Hope this helps!

K

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @MonicaC1, welcome to the community!

That's a good question. I think it'll most likely go through since if it couldn't find funds the system would try a couple times to get the payment before it reverted to Free. However, you can still sign up for the Student Discount, if you're eligible, and the discounted rate will automatically begin on your next billing date. You can check the status of your subscription at any time. 

Hope this helps!

K

Is this option available in Canada ? The link www.spotify.com/student leads to Premium. There is no such an option.

Hey there @merojack, thanks for reaching out!

That's a good question. Unfortunately, the Student Discount is currently available only in the US, the UK and Germany. However, you can vote and add your support to this community idea for Canadian student discount. You can also keep an eye there for any updates 🙂

Hope this helps!

K

Thanks for your answer 

@merojack

Good news!

The student discount is now available in Canada:

https://www.spotify.com/ca-en/student

If you are still a student, check it out.

Note: Due to restrictions, this offer is unavailable in Quebec.

https://press.spotify.com/2017/04/19/spotify-premium-for-students-launches-in-33-new-countries/

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

That's a good news for Canadians, but not for Quebecers. I live in Montreal and so, I will stay tuned and hope for this wierd restriction to be lifted. I wonder whether or not is it related to an agreement between telecom companies (ex. Videotron which includes Spotify in some subsciption plans) and Spotify ...

Nonetheless, thank you Mattsuda for this piece of info.

@merojack

You're welcome.

Yes it's a bummer, but hopefully Spotify will add that region in the future. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi, I can’t find the option to change premium to student. Sorry for my english, is bad I know 

I’m premium, but I touch the option, but I don’t know where find it. Thank you!

Hey there @Ossana, welcome to the community!

No worries, help's here 🙂 You can head to this link to subscribe for Student Discount.

Let me know if that helps!

K

Thank you kate for your link. Indeed, there is a 4.99 CAD for students in Canada but with one caveat: it is not available in the province of Quebec. why ? I really don't know. Saddly, the majors cut out carefully the world into commercial territories and Spotify is no exception when it comes to copyrights and competition in this tricky industry of music and movies.  Have a nice day. 

Suggested posts