Free/Premium

Country

Puerto Rico

Device

(iPhone 8, Lenovo Laptop)

Operating System

(iOS 13.1.3, Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

To whom this may concern, I was previously subscribed to the student plant. As of today, I've realized that I am no longer subscribed to the student plant. Instead, I was paying for a regular plan. I don't know how this changed. Anyways, I still wish to resume the student subscription so I go ahead and attempt to change plans but am greeted with this error message upon entering the required information for the student plan

"Unfortunately, we couldn't confirm that you're a student.
Please check your details and try again.

If we still can't confirm your details, you won't be charged.
Any pending charges on your card statement will disappear in a few days.
I don't know what to do about this. I am currently still a student and have not reached the 4-year limit.  Thanks in advance. 

4 Replies

Hey @lamyil, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Help's arrived.

Could you try following the steps in this support articleThe verification isn’t working section?

Have a nice day 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello @Billy-J, I appreciate your initiative to help
Unfortunately, after following your suggestions, none have been able to help. 
Under the support article that you provided, the section only speaks about proof of enrollment, I'm not being prompted to provide proof, nor was I when I firstly subscribed to the student plan. Secondly, withing the previously mentioned support section, this link was also suggested for enrollment but my country does not appear as an option. 

Do you have any other suggestions?
Thanks in advance

Hey @lamyil - help's here!

We noticed you mentioned that your country doesn't appear in the list of eligible countries. We can confirm that this is because Puerto Rico is not eligible for Premium Students.

If, however, you are studying in a country which is eligible, and your account is set to that country, could you try going through the verification process once again, but this time entering the country in which you're studying? All eligible countries should appear in the list in the verification form here.

Also just bear in mind that you need to renew your student status every 12 months in order to get Premium at the discounted rate. You will usually get an email reminder well in advance (if you didn't, make sure to check your spam folder).

Let us know how it goes! We'll be here in case you need any further help 🙂

Hello @Peter  
Thanks for the suggestions. I was able to find the email you mentioned to renew the student subscription but it only leads me to this page, which prompts me the same error I had previously mentioned (attached image).  Secondly, I'm not so sure that students from Puerto Rico aren't eligible since the United States also doesn't show up as an option. I believe that this link is for international students. Puerto Rico is part of the US, a commonwealth. Lastly, using this page, I am able to see my university in the drop down options as I type. 

Any other suggestions?
Thanks again!

Screenshot (65).png

Suggested posts