Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Gift Card for a Student

Solved!

Gift Card for a Student

Hello Community

So i have a friend who has a Spotify Free Account and He is going to start soon as a student in one of the eligible universities for a Spotify Student Account. 

I know he is planning to get Spotify as soon as he starts in the school but it is still 6 months until then and I would like to give him a Gift Card for 3 months premium Spotify. 

My question is:

If he redeems the gift card before he has a spotify student premium account,  AFTER USING THE GIFTCARD (so after having 3 months of premium with his current account) can he still register for a student premium account with the same account, without losing all the playlist, etc?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey hey @lozanocf!

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

It's great to hear that you'd like to gift your friend a Spotify gift card 🎁 We can confirm that he'll be able to use it on his account and keep all his music even when the card expires.

When a Premium account reverts to our free service, it doesn't lose its saved content, just the ability to play the songs offline.

So when your friend registers for the student discount he'll just need to re-download his tunes and enjoy his music!

Hope this info helps. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey hey @lozanocf!

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

It's great to hear that you'd like to gift your friend a Spotify gift card 🎁 We can confirm that he'll be able to use it on his account and keep all his music even when the card expires.

When a Premium account reverts to our free service, it doesn't lose its saved content, just the ability to play the songs offline.

So when your friend registers for the student discount he'll just need to re-download his tunes and enjoy his music!

Hope this info helps. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts