Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Gift card restrictions are a scam

Solved!

Gift card restrictions are a scam

I've never had to read the fine print on a gift card purchase until I made the mistake of purchasing a Spotify gift card.  And after a quick search online (just take a look at the plethora of 1 star reviews on Amazon), I see that over the years, countless others have also been ripped off by Spotify when they purchased gift cards in the belief that the dollar amount purchased could be applied to Spotify goods and services without restrictions in the same way gift cards issued by all other merchants can.  Given the number of complaints lodged regarding this issue, Spotify has been well aware of this scam for years, yet it has made no changes to its policy.  At the very least, the restrictions should be emblazoned in large print on every gift card!  I can only assume that Spotify is happy to maximize the ill-gotten revenues from deliberately misleading consumers and cares nothing about cultivating long-term customers.  

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @ttll2, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great! 

I'm sorry to hear this. As stated here and herea Gift Card can't be used for discounts or promotions.

I hope that makes sense. If you need help with anything else, just let me know 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @ttll2, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great! 

I'm sorry to hear this. As stated here and herea Gift Card can't be used for discounts or promotions.

I hope that makes sense. If you need help with anything else, just let me know 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts