Had to pay 9,99€ for Student Premium

Had to pay 9,99€ for Student Premium

FlyFox
Casual Listener

My Question or Issue

So there alrdy have been issues with people not being able to get Student Premium WITHOUT the free trial (since they alrdy used the trial before).

When you try to get Student Premium as a person who already used the trial before you simply can't get it.. There is just that message that says you alrdy used the trial and then it says but you can still get Student Premium.. But no, this only works for standard Premium which is a joke. I have a confirmed student account and had to pay 9.99€ just now just to immediately switch to Student Premium. I want my 5€ back

2 Replies

Re: Had to pay 9,99€ for Student Premium

FlyFox
Casual Listener
Few weeks ago someone with the same problem was advised to get standard premium and then switch to student premium:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Premium-for-Students/No-chance-to-get-students-discount-or-any-othe...
So student premium basically means you have to pay 9.99€ first and then 4.99€ when you already used the trial just because this company is not able to add the option of getting student premium for users who used the trial already.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Premium-for-Students/No-chance-to-get-students-discount-or-any-othe...
Highlighted

Re: Had to pay 9,99€ for Student Premium

Hey @FlyFox,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

First, we just wanted to confirm that it should be possible to upgrade to Premium Student without having to pay for Premium Individual first.

We suggest you reach out to our Customer Support team here - they will be able to take a look backstage and see if there's something up with your account.

Let us know how it goes! We'll be here in case you have any questions.

Note: If anyone else is experiencing the same issue whereby they cannot subscribe to Premium Student if they've already used an offer, make sure to check out the suggestions in this thread.

PeterModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

SUGGESTED POSTS