Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to get premium for student

How to get premium for student

I have verified my student status and it says my discount is available, but when I go to change the plan it only allows me to select the regular premium plan. When I scroll down and try to select the student plan it takes me back to the verification page with no other options.

spotify1.jpg
spotify2.jpg
6 Replies

Hey @wchung24, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'll be happy to help you. 

In your first screenshot, I see the option for Premium Student at the bottom:

Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 12.28.46 AM.png

 When you scroll any further do you see a button to get started with Premium Student? If you don't, can you let me know your subscription status here

Looking forward to your reply!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Billy,

Yes, as I mentioned the second part of my post when I scroll down and press the button to choose Premium student I get the page on my second screenshot that just says use your discount, but there is nothing I can click on that page.

spotify2.jpg

Hey @wchung24,

Could you send me a screenshot of your account overview page here? Make sure to hide sensitive info when posting to the Community.

Keep me updated!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey there @wchung24,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

Bear in mind that there's a difference between verifying your student discount via SheerID and activating it in your Spotify account.

Here's what you need to know so you can get the Premium Student price applied to your account:

1. You must first verify yourself as a student through SheerID.

2. Then, you must update your payment details so that the Premium Student price can be applied (click on Get Discount). For this, try entering your uni email address and password. If that doesn't do it, try with the Spotify email and password.

3. After that, to see if this worked out, you can check your subscription page.

If it doesn't work, tell us what type of error message you get in both cases.

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

Hi Billy-J and Petya,

Thanks for the help I have got it to work now. I had to subscribe to premium first since my account was on free status and then I was able to apply the discount. However, it has to wait until next month to change my plan to Student Premium. Why do I have to pay for a month of standard premium first if I am already eligible for the student discount and I cannot just start my premium with the student discount right away?

Hi again @wchung24,

Thanks for getting back to us with this good news 🙂 

As to your next question, what could have happened is that the discount was verified by SheerID but wasn't activated on your Spotify account and you got charged with the regular price. In this case we advise you to reach out to support so this can be corrected. Just explain to them briefly what has happened. 

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

Suggested posts