Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Hulu not working for Spotify premium for students on computer?

Hulu not working for Spotify premium for students on computer?

Plan

Premium for Students 

Country

United States

Device

HP Envy 

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I have spotfiy premium for students, and I cannot access hulu on my computer. However, it does work on my xbox. When I try and login on my computer to Hulu, and enter my spofity credentials, it says the login has failed/ incorrect password or email. If I go to the account overview section in spotify and try and activate hulu, it just says "start watching" which makes sense because it is already activated on my xbox. If I click on that it takes me back to the hulu login page. I then tried to create my own Hulu account with the same email, but was unable to link the accounts. So I am not sure what to do to get hulu on my computer

7 Replies

Hey there @samallen1

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

Would you mind sending us some screenshots showing the error messages you see when trying to log in? You can simply attach the images to your next response to us. This way we can take a closer look at the issue and advise you further.

Make sure you attach screenshots of both login error messages. It'll help us better investigate what you observe. 

We'll look out for your reply. 

Thank you for the response! Since I went and created a hulu account in an attempt to try and link the accounts, I no longer get an error message, but I have a hulu account that is not subscribed to anything. Here are some screenshots. The first one shows what I see when I click on the my services tab in my spotify account. I click the start watching tab on Hulu, and it takes me to the second screenshot. A hulu account that is not liked to my spotify. I used the same email for both accounts, but they still are not linked. Let me know if you need any more screenshots! Thank you!

2020-06-03.png
2020-06-03 (2).png

Hey @samallen1,

Thanks for getting back to us with those screenshots!

Just to confirm, you have two Hulu accounts which are both registered to the same email address: the original one with an active subscription which should be bundled with Spotify Premium, and the more recent one with no active subscription. 

When you click on Start Watching, you're being taken to the second account - is that correct? If so, do you mind doing the following and letting us know what happens:

1. Open an incognito window in your browser
  2. Go to your Spotify account overview page
  3. Go to the My Services tab and click on Start Watching?

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need further help.

Sorry for being such a hassle I really appreciate the help! So to try and uncomplicate things, I changed the email on the new hulu account I created. I tried going through an incognito window and logging into hulu with my spotify credentials and when I entered my password, it gave me this:

Hey @samallen1,

Thanks for getting back to us!

Do you mind trying to attach the screenshot again? It doesn't seem to have come through for some reason. Once we have that, we'll be able to see what's happening and look into it.

Cheers - keep us posted!

Here are the screenshots from the incognito window again:

Here are the screenshots

2020-06-07 (1).png
2020-06-03.png

Suggested posts