Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Hulu with Student account "Hits a Snag"

Hulu with Student account "Hits a Snag"

I've been trying to activate the bundled Hulu plan with my Student Spotify account for the last month.  Every time, it says "We've hit a snag, contact Hulu support."  When I did that, Hulu said the issue was coming from the Spotify servers.  I have tried in different browsers and in incognito mode for Chrome, and I have made a Hulu account and attempted to link them.  All of these methods show the "Hit a snag" screen.

Searching the issue shows that this has repeatedly been an issue and that in August 2019 it was apparently "fixed for everyone."  Any idea how to fix it for me?  Thank you!

3 Replies

Hey there @fuquasp,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

Just to confirm, does the issue persist after trying again from a different device or when connected to a different network connection?

If so, it'd be helpful if you could share a screenshot of the error message you see so we can take a closer look - just make sure that there's no private/sensitive info displayed.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Yes, the issue occurs on different devices and network.  I have attached the error message below.

Spotify Error.PNG

Hi @fuquasp,

Thanks for sending the screenshot and trying out the recommended troubleshooting steps!

In order for us to investigate this further, can you please give us the exact steps you are taking to activate your Hulu plan and at which point the error message appears - is it right after clicking on Activate Hulu or when you've already entered your Hulu account details? The more information you provide, the easier it'll be for us to get to the bottom of this and help you with the right solution.

In the meantime you could try canceling your subscription, wait until it expires and then resubscribe. You can track the date your plan will change back to Free on your account page, under Your plan.

Once you've resubscribed to Premium for Students, please try linking your Hulu again. Here's how:

1. Go to Your Services and select Activate Hulu.
  2. Complete the required fields to sign up for Hulu's ad-supported plan.

Bear in mind that your Premium Student subscription gives you access to Hulu’s ad-supported plan only. If you wish to subscribe to another Hulu plan, you can sign up directly through Hulu.

Hope you'll find this useful. Keep us posted 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts