Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't renew my student's discount

I can't renew my student's discount

Plan

Student's Premium

Country

Poland

My Question or Issue

Hello,

I have been using Spotify Premium with student discount for a year now and I got an information, that I have to renew it using SheerID. I tried a few times and finally got accepted. However a month later I see, that my student discount is over for no reason. I am still a student, what I have already proven. Also it's not possible to verify via SheerID again, becouse it says "This offer was already used". It's weird becouse Spotify allows to get Premium with student discount for 4 years. Moreover Spitofy says that my offer ends on 20/11, so I have only 4 days to change it back to the student discount, as I really don't want to pay twice as much as I did. I will be grateful for any information and help.

4 Replies

Hey @Prezzi.

Thanks for reaching out on the Community, and sorry for the late response! We'll be glad to help you out if you're still experiencing this issue 🙂

Don't worry - if you've signed up for the Student Discount already, it should be applied to your account. We suggest you get in touch with our Customer Support team here so that they can take a look backstage and see what's happening. They should be able to sort things out for you.

Hope that helps! Let us know how it goes. We'll be right here if you need anything else 🙂

@Prezzi wrote:

Plan

Student's Premium

Country

Poland

Also it's not possible to verify via SheerID again, becouse it says "This offer was already used".

Check email which you provided in SheerID form.
I had the same problem with verifying with SheerID. It turned out that you have to click "Create student account" button in mail you received with verification confirmation (mail is sent to the address  provided in SheerID form). Not clicking this specific button causes above error to be shown on Spotify for students website.

To spotify Support: There are two misleading texts in above issue. First is the error message which says that I already used it. It looks like I can no longer use discount which is false as I just have to click button in email. The second one is text on button. I don't know what the caption says in other languages, but translating from Polish, the text on the button says "Create account for students" which is misleading as I already have account and I do not want to create another one. Another problem is that button in email is a picture and some mail clients have "Do not show pictures" option set on by default for security reasons. I would be glad if you could pass info about these issues further to developers.

Screenshot_20181202_001602.png

Hey @1192158086,

Thanks for providing us with this info. We'll make sure to pass on this feedback to the right folks. We want to make sure that the info given to listeners doesn't cause any confusion. 

All the best!

Hey @1192158086

Just wanted to follow up on this one. Regarding the error message which says that you already used it, is that stated in the email that you get when it's time to renew the Student Discount? And is it in Polish/in the screenshot you showed us? 

And the "Create account for students", is it in that same email?

Thanks you!

Suggested posts