Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I created a new account and now I cant get student premium

I created a new account and now I cant get student premium

I just got Spotify premium for students with one email, and canceled that subscription with that account because it wouldn't let me change my username. Now I created a new account and tried to get premium and it says that my student credentials are associated with another account. I understand that I just canceled it with the first account. I just want to get premium for students ASAP. 

free spotify 

mac/iphone

3 Replies

Hi @susannah17, thanks for writing!

My first suggestion is that you close your previous account and then try again to get the Student discount using the new one.

To do this, click here and then choose "I want to close my account" and follow the next steps.

I hope this helps!

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey there @susannah17,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

You can only have one Premium Student account at a time. Once you've applied the discount on your Spotify account, the discount lasts for 1 year, even if you cancel the subscription or close that account in the meanwhile.

If you want to apply your student discount to another account, you need to wait until 12 months have elapsed since you first signed up for it on your new account. For more info, we'd suggest taking a look here.

Further, keep in mind that you can update the username on your original account - just follow the steps here

Hope this info is useful but don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else!

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

You should be able to reactivate that account that you deleted, otherwise I'm not sure there is anything Spotify can do as they use a third party software that will store your data, so when you try to open a new account it will state that you already filed for a student discount. Your mission should be to try and get that old account reactivated, wish you luck

Suggested posts