Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I got charged 10€ although I have a student discount

I got charged 10€ although I have a student discount

The last two month I got charged 10€ instead of 5. I dont know why, because Im still a student and didnt got a message or something, that the price was changed. Id like to get my money back, because I didnt want that and I didnt change anything.

3 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the Spotify Community 🙂

Could you check from your Account Overview what type of Subscription you're on, since the Spotify Student subscription cancels automatically after one year, if you don't renew it, in order to prevent people to continue using it, even when they aren't students anymore. 

Keep me posted,

Leo

Music is a world within itself, it is a language we all understand. ~ Stevie Wonder

Leo | Rock Star | Rock Star Program

I got the Spotify Student Subscription at the 10th of June 2017 the first time, but Spotify charged me 10€ at the 10th of March 2018, so it wasnt a year. What can I do now? Thanks for your help! 🙂

Hey! Welcome to the Spotify Community 🙂

I have two things that come to my mind right now:

• You might have duplicate accounts! You might be paying unknowingly for two accounts. Learn how to find and cancel this duplicate account (provided you have one). 
  • Otherwise the payment might have been unsuccessful, but appeared on your statement anyway. If Spotify is unable to process the payment, the funds will reappear on your statement soon. This is all part of your bank/credit card’s authorization process. You can reach out to them for more information.

Have a great day,

Leo

Music is a world within itself, it is a language we all understand. ~ Stevie Wonder

Leo | Rock Star | Rock Star Program

Suggested posts