Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I have a student discount but got charged with a regular fee

I have a student discount but got charged with a regular fee

Hi guys, so i think my topic says it all frankly, i got my student status confirmed, however on my bank account i saw they charged the regular fee without the discount, what should i do? Could it have sth to do with them being unable to get money from my account at the beginning of the month because i didnt have enough cash on it?

3 Replies

Hey there @1197906919,

thanks for posting in the community !

Please use this help guide to locate all accounts listed with your details to make sure you don't have another account which is getting charged.

On top of that you can always use the "Why have i been charged?" help guide and the Spotify "Refund policy" to gather more info and have this issue solved.

Hope this helps 😃

I've been charged with the regular fee as well.

I renewed my student discount, it got accepted but now I have regular premium (?).

And I'm quite sure I haven't renewed it three times as well.

When I try to renew my discount again it shows "You have used this discount already".

How do I fix that?

Hey @Clair.

Thanks for getting in touch!

If you are getting the message that your discount is already in use, then it's safe to say that this is the case. Perhaps you got charged around the time you were re-applying for the discount. In that case from the next payment on you'll be able to enjoy 12 months of discount.

It's possible though that you have a second account. One with the discount applied, and a different account which you used to subscribe. That would explain the full price. Take a look at this page and see if it helps you to find any second account you might have. 

Regarding a refund, take a look at the page that @OneByBoo by provided above.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts