Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I started studying in a foreign country but my Spotify account was made in my home country

Solved!

I started studying in a foreign country but my Spotify account was made in my home country

If I were to get the student discount, would I start paying in the currency of the country I am studying or would there be a discount in my home country's currency?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @buddyman,

Thanks for reaching out.

If you’re enrolled with a university that’s eligible for Spotify's Student discount, you can take advantage even if you’re abroad.

However, your account’s country settings need to match the country of your university, and your payment method needs to have also been issued in that same country. For help with this, check out country settings.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @buddyman,

Thanks for reaching out.

If you’re enrolled with a university that’s eligible for Spotify's Student discount, you can take advantage even if you’re abroad.

However, your account’s country settings need to match the country of your university, and your payment method needs to have also been issued in that same country. For help with this, check out country settings.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts