Step 1

NEXT STEP

I was using student premium and it cancelled with no reason

I was using student premium and it cancelled with no reason

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I was using student premium, updated my school information last month on sheerid and i got an email about my update is succesful but now my account is just premium and no its not even 4 years.I tried to get student premium again and it said "you already used it". What should i do?

6 Replies

Okay, fixed it.

How did you fixed it I have the same problem

Hi there @ezgiccn,

Thanks for reaching out! Glad to hear everything's fixed 🙂 

Hey @EgeAr, can you tell us for how many years have you used the discount until now? It's always good to consider that because the maximum time you can benefit from it is 4 years.

Also, have you received an email from SheerID about this? 

Here's what you need to know so you can get the Premium Student price applied to your account:

1. You must first verify yourself as a student through SheerID.

2. Then, you must update your payment details so that the Premium Student price can be applied (click on Get Discount). Enter your uni e-mail address and password.

3. After that, to see if this worked out, you can check your subscription page.

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I have just tried this and sheer ID still won't verify that I am a student. Is there another way to apply or be legible to the student discount. I had no problems in applying for student discount after UNIDAYS got rid and then Spotify themselves asked me to reapply for student discount again after. Now Spotify are using Sheer ID, I can't apply for the student discount anymore.

Hey @niknikli,

Welcome to the Community 🙂

Sorry to hear you're having difficulties renewing your Student discount, but no worries - help's on the way!

In order to renew the discount, you can either log in to your college/uni's portal or upload proof of your enrollment, to verify your Student status again. If you upload proof of enrollment, you need to wait for SheerID to email you with your eligibility status. This can take a few days.

If you've already received an email from SheerID confirming your student status, you can start off by trying to open the link in that email in an incognito or private window, preferably on a desktop device, to activate your discount.

In case that doesn't do the trick, we recommend you try applying for the Student discount again here.

If you're still having difficulties verifying your student status with SheerID, we suggest you take a look at their Student Support Page or get in touch with them so that they can check your status again.

For full info on Premium Student you can visit this support page.

Let us know how you get on. We'll be right here if you have any other questions.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I am currently a graduate student and I have only used Spotify premium for two years and one month. I switched to Spotify and chose Premium Student in either late November or early December of 2021. Prior, I used mostly apple music, but had a free Spotify account. This month I was charged for the Premium Individual and when I tried to resolve the issue, I was told that my student discount was no longer available. I used the support messaging option to try to figure out was going on, but was met with 2 agents that were condescending and unhelpful. I was told repeatedly that I had used all four years of the student discount and when I asked for proof I was emailed receipts from 2023. When I asked to be transferred, the agent repeated that the next agent would say the same thing so they would not transfer me. Eventually, the agent relented and connected me with a manager, but the manager never responded. Another agent eventually responded and informed me I had used my discount 2018-2020. This is not possible because I was a struggling college student who regularly checked my credit card statements. I would not be paying for two music streaming services. During college, I remember receiving several emails that my spotify account was being signed into in other countries, but it was a free account so I did not think much of it and deleted the account. Maybe somebody used my student discount on my hacked account? Regardless, it was not me. I was not paying for a premium account prior to Nov or Dec 2021. However, the agents refused to help and just kept on saying I had used four years. I cannot afford a premium subscription without a discount and I am extremely frustrated with Spotify customer support. Thus, I will be leaving and sharing this experience with my friends.Fortunately, services provided by Spotify are in fact available elsewhere.  

Suggested posts