Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

If I switch to Student, Lose all Settings?

Solved!

If I switch to Student, Lose all Settings?

If I switch from regular Spotify premium, to a student membership, it seems like I'll create a totally new account and lose all saved music, followed artists, etc.? Is this correct? Thanks 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @halfchihuahua, thanks for posting! 

If you change from regular Premium to Student plan, you'll not loose anything. 

Your account stays the same, with all the songs, playlists, followings and followers you have in there. 

Just to be 100% sure for yourself, you can make a backup playlist of your "saved songs" by select all (CTRL+A) > right click > add to playlist > new playlist : ) 

Also, to clear any confusion after you switch, be sure to log in with the same email / username and password you're using for your Premium account (where are your playlists and followings)

MartinStoichkovSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @halfchihuahua, thanks for posting! 

If you change from regular Premium to Student plan, you'll not loose anything. 

Your account stays the same, with all the songs, playlists, followings and followers you have in there. 

Just to be 100% sure for yourself, you can make a backup playlist of your "saved songs" by select all (CTRL+A) > right click > add to playlist > new playlist : ) 

Also, to clear any confusion after you switch, be sure to log in with the same email / username and password you're using for your Premium account (where are your playlists and followings)

MartinStoichkovSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks, Martin! I'll give it try. Thanks 

Suggested posts