Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Incorrect Payment shown for Student

Solved!

Incorrect Payment shown for Student

Alright, buckle up ladies and gentleman because this one is a wild ride.

On Saturday the 4th (this month) I decided to leave another streaming service to join Spotify and I was going through the motions that I had done before to confirm Student pricing. 

So I was validated for student status, as you can see below, so... yay!Screen Shot 2018-08-08 at 10.51.31 pm.png

I clicked that little X in the top right and was taken back to this screen. 

Screen Shot 2018-08-08 at 10.53.51 pm.png

So, cool! The site says I've got discount applied. Great, sweet. Let'**bleep** that Get Discount so I can grab that sweet premium discount. 

Uh, okay, takes me back to this page. That's fine! Lets go back.

Screen Shot 2018-08-08 at 10.51.31 pm.png

I hit that sweet Get Premium button and get this guy.

Screen Shot 2018-08-08 at 10.57.30 pm.png

I see that tiny little thing that says... $11.99 per month (AUS pricing). Huh? But I've got student discount applied. Weird. It's meant to be $5.99. 

So I hit see more offers. Get this page, cool! Sweet. I hit that Premium for Students. 

Screen Shot 2018-08-08 at 10.57.59 pm.png

And... I get this. Ok. Deja-vu, right? So I hit that x, go back to the menu and hit that get premium again. 

Screen Shot 2018-08-08 at 10.51.31 pm.png

I entertain the idea of seeing if it comes across when I go to pay. Um, nope? 

Screen Shot 2018-08-08 at 11.03.18 pm.png

So I message @SpotifyCares.

I try this whole process over and over as instructed by them below

• icognito browser
  • different browser
  • icognito browser in different browser
  • different internet connection (I try my 3G and I use Uni wi-fi, no luck)
  • different device (I tried iPhone, Mac, iPad and PC)

So after doing this over and over, I grew kinda tired of it. I was told after doing all this, that @SpotifyCares have figured out that I've actually still got a previous student discount applied from last year and it's causing issues? Ok...? So that runs out on the 6th and I'm instructed that this is why the student discount isn't coming across and to try again on the 7th.

Hahaha, for those who guessed a big fat nope you're right!

So I message @SpotifyCares again, and I'm left with the developers are working on it. That was more than 24 hours ago and I'm meant to receive updates around it. No updates, you guessed it. 

So,

1. What am I doing wrong, if I'm doing something wrong? 
  2. What else is there left to do, because I have no clue what else is there to do?

I'm very willing to give up the music library I've built with all my playlists and saved songs to remove that student validation, essentially idk delete that account or whatever and start again, fresh on a new account, because I'm being led to believe that theres something wrong with that account. Whether thats the case, I don't know. I asked @SpotifyCares this and been told to just wait. 

It's about to be day 6 and I'm kinda done with waiting around, yeah? Anyway. Let me know if you guys any tips or support. 

Greatly appreciated. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @bonjourkid 

Thanks for answering the questions. Next im going to have you try going to Student Spotify Page and click on the "Get Started" once you get there it will take you to the verification page which then there should be a button that takes you to the next step to getting the Student Premium.

Let me know how it goes!

Keanu_C

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey @bonjourkid Welcome to the Spotify Community!

Thank You for a thorough explanation, it really helps alot! I have several questions for you

1. In the picture where you are about to purchase premium in your paypal, there is a drop arrow next to the $11.99 when you drop that down does it allow you to choose which premium?
  2. If you have had Student Premium before, how long have you had it for. If you are about to come up to your 4 year mark, you won't be able to apply for the Student Premium because it limits you to only 4 years.
  3. When you are in your account overview, on the left side look for Subscription and Payment. In there does it show that you are currently paying for the Student Premium? If not what does it say.

Keanu_C

No worries, @Keanu_C

1. In the picture where you are about to purchase premium in your paypal, there is a drop arrow next to the $11.99 when you drop that down does it allow you to choose which premium?

Screen Shot 2018-08-09 at 6.15.39 pm.png

2. If you have had Student Premium before, how long have you had it for. If you are about to come up to your 4 year mark, you won't be able to apply for the Student Premium because it limits you to only 4 years.

I only had it for one year. Cancelled it. Returned when they came out with premium for 3 months for $0.99, then left again. 

3. When you are in your account overview, on the left side look for Subscription and Payment. In there does it show that you are currently paying for the Student Premium? If not what does it say.

Nope. Just says Spotify Free and to Get Premium. 

Marked as solution

Hey @bonjourkid 

Thanks for answering the questions. Next im going to have you try going to Student Spotify Page and click on the "Get Started" once you get there it will take you to the verification page which then there should be a button that takes you to the next step to getting the Student Premium.

Let me know how it goes!

Keanu_C

OK, @Keanu_C

Alright. 

For some reason, today, when you click that Premium for Students bit (which I had pressed previously, trust me I feel super stupid that it's working today and not the other days) it takes me to the student payment page and all good.

I also disabled Ad blocker, so maybe that had something to do with it? 

Screen Shot 2018-08-10 at 11.12.08 am.png

Anyway, it's sorted. I've got spotify premium for student pricing. Thank you. Appreciate the help, since I'd been dealing with @SpotifyCares and whether they were limited in their support idk but they felt very abrasive and brushed me off quite a bit.

I'm glad we got that figure out! Now you can get that dope Student Discount!

Happy Listening

Keanu_C

Suggested posts