Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone SE, Macbook Pro Early 2015

Operating System

iOS 11.4.1, OS X El Capitan

My Question or Issue

I had Spotify Premium for Students, with Hulu, but at some point this year, without my knowledge, Spotify gave me a regular subscription and started charging me $10, instead of $5. I didn't immediately notice the change, mainly because I don't go on Hulu and don't regularly check to see how much Spotify is charging me.

Is there any way to receive compensation for the money Spotify took from me without my knowledge, or will I have to eat the cost (at least $20) and hope they keep my account on the Student level after I change it back this time?

Thanks

2 Replies

Same thing happened to my friend! They said the student discount is only given for four years :(! But if you have had it for less than four years, I would contact Spotify and have them fix that.

Hey @rjob01,

Welcome to the community!

The Premium for Students discount lasts for 12 months at a time, with the option to renew when that time elapses. You can renew a maximum of 3 times as long as you’re eligible (so the deal can cover a total of 4 years). If you don’t renew, or you’ve exceeded the 4-year limit, payments will proceed at the standard Premium rate.

You can visit spotify.com/student to sign up for the student discount again. However, if you have exceeded the 4-year limit, you will not be able to renew, and payments will proceed at the standard Premium rate.

If you're interested in a refund, I'd recommend taking a look at the Spotify refund policy.

Let me know if you have any questions. Happy listening 🙂

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts