Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My Student Plan was randomly changed to the Family Plan

Solved!

My Student Plan was randomly changed to the Family Plan

Plan

Family Plan (was Student Plan until it was changed without my permission)

Country

United States 

My Question or Issue

So, I started my Student Plan for Spotify about 2 months ago and was charged $5 for the first month, then I looked back at my billing statements and for this past month I was charged $15 for the Family Plan completely randomly and without any of my own doing. I would like to be switched back to the Student Plan and refunded for the Family Plan that I did not authorize.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Hz11235,

Thanks for posting about this and welcome to the Community!

Since you mention that you noticed unexpected changes to your subscription, we'd recommend following the steps provided in this support site article, including reaching out to us. This way, a member of our support team can take a look behind the scenes for you and help you with a refund. 

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey @zn_j-wjwgtc9d.

Thanks for getting in touch!

You can switch back to a students subscription on this page. Be sure to check out this page if you think that another person has gained access to your account and upgraded your account to Premium.

If you have further questions for us, please let us know.

Have a nice day!

Hello, I just had the same issue. I was using a student account for about two years now with no problem. Last month I was randomly charged at a different date then usually for a family plan. This month it happened again. I changed my account back to student but I am upset that I spent $20 extra for no reason. Am I able to get my money back? 

Marked as solution

Hey there @Hz11235,

Thanks for posting about this and welcome to the Community!

Since you mention that you noticed unexpected changes to your subscription, we'd recommend following the steps provided in this support site article, including reaching out to us. This way, a member of our support team can take a look behind the scenes for you and help you with a refund. 

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

I recently had this happen to me when my account changed from a student subscription to a premium subscription. How do I reach out to the team to discuss a refund? I am not sure who I contact. 

Hi there @Camrie_M,

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community.

If your Student subscription has changed to Premium Individual, it means your Student discount has expired and needs a renewal. The Student subscription should be renewed every 12 months for up to 4 years in total. Here is how to do that. 

If you've already paid, you won't be charged again when switching from Premium individual to the Student discount. 

Lastly, you can check our refund policy here

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Same happened to me. Ive already made my renewal, and ive not been hacked. It happened before and i solved by making my sheer id again in lees than 1 month. This time I can't cause appears an error message. I can't pay and i can't renew my signature, what am i supposed to do? 

Suggested posts