Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My college does not appear on SheerID.

Solved!

My college does not appear on SheerID.

Country

England

Device

iPhone 8 Plus

Operating System

iOS 13

My Question or Issue

My college, Gateshead College, does not appear on SheerID which I find very strange because all nearby colleges appear on SheerID. I just wish I could pay the student price because, most of the time, I can't afford the normal price.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @kostasgramSP ,

Unfortunately, yes, it does mean that you're currently not eligible for the student discount. 

I'd recommend reaching out to SheerID if you have any more questions about this, as they are the ones checking eligibility.

Thanks 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey @kostasgramSP ,

Thanks for reaching out.

If you’re in higher education but your college/university isn’t on the list, you can request for it to be added here.

Spotify's verification partner SheerID will email you if it’s accepted. This can take a minimum of 30 days.

Hope this helps 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

kostasgramSP_0-1587403074120.png

When I go there, it says that my college is Ineligible. Does that mean that there is no way for me to get a student discount?

Marked as solution

Hey @kostasgramSP ,

Unfortunately, yes, it does mean that you're currently not eligible for the student discount. 

I'd recommend reaching out to SheerID if you have any more questions about this, as they are the ones checking eligibility.

Thanks 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

I went to SheerID request and it told me it was eligible and gave me the name to copy paste on the form but when i do that, it still tells me it's not eligible

Hey @LyleKennedy,

Thanks for getting in touch with us 🙂

Can you open an incognito window on your PC? Sometimes the cache can lead to different issues. Then you can click here and try activating the student discount.

Tip: We use SheerID to confirm your status as student. If you've received an email from SheerID, you can open it and click on the link for the activation. The last step will be to update your payment details here. That way the changes can take effect from your next billing date. 

If you get an error message, you can send us a screenshot of it. We'll investigate this further.

Let us know how it goes. We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts