Premium

Country

India

Device

OnePlus 3T/HP EliteBook G4 

Operating System

Android/Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I had my free 1-month trial unused and I finally decided to use it today. I went for the student premium and got verified, no issues there. I went for Paytm as my prepaid payment method for a month (₹66/month) because I have no bank account.  And I am aware that Spotify requires payment method upfront so I entered the details, and the money was deducted.

So, I think with my free trial, plus the money I paid, the premium should be valid for 2 months. But its saying my premium is valid for one month only (attached the screenshot showing date).

Capture.PNG
Screenshot (10).png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thanks for getting back to us @arshdeep608.

The trial offer can be applied only on accounts that haven't had the Premium service before.

We're afraid that this means that you'll not be able to take the deal when the month passes, because you're currently on Premium.

Keep an eye out on this page because we try to come out with new offers for all of our users on regular basis.

We'll be here if you have any other questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey there @31nprndm4ui2p62!

Thanks for reaching out. We'll do our best to explain a bit more about what might've happened here.

Using Paytm as a payment method doesn't allow you to start a trial before your subscription.

With pre-paid payment methods you get the Premium time you were charged for right away and your subscription doesn't renew after that.

You can scroll to the bottom of this page to see the available payment methods for recurring Premium and for a prepaid subscription.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help out with.

Take care!

ElenaModerator

Thanks.. I appreciate the quick response!
You are right, I didn't subscribe.
Just one more confirmation, have I lost my chance of getting a free trial by using Paytm prepaid method? Or I can still get it if I now subscribe by whatever prepaid or postpaid methods I might choose?
Marked as solution

Thanks for getting back to us @arshdeep608.

The trial offer can be applied only on accounts that haven't had the Premium service before.

We're afraid that this means that you'll not be able to take the deal when the month passes, because you're currently on Premium.

Keep an eye out on this page because we try to come out with new offers for all of our users on regular basis.

We'll be here if you have any other questions.

ElenaModerator

Same happened with me too. Now is it impossible to get free trial?

Hey there @Rahul_rk,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community!

Remember that free trials are for users who have never been Premium, so if you used a prepaid payment method to get Premium, we're afraid you're no longer eligible for a free trial.

We recommend keeping an eye on this page to be on top of any new offers we launch.

If you have any questions, give us a shout.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts