No premium because I've already tested it

Nin4niN

Plan

Free -> Premium for Students

Country

Germany

My Question or Issue
Hi there,
I would like to get the premium for students (I already have permission to do so). Since I have already tested Premium for 3 months, I can no longer activate it.
Over time:
- Spotify Free
- 3 months tested free of charge
- Spotify Free again
- and now I want to activate Premium for students

Do I just have the problem that it doesn't work?

Whenever I click on "Get Premium", the subscription with the trial version is shown to me. I can't deselect the trial version either. If I want to get it then this message comes:
"It looks like you've used a trial offer before. You cannot use it again because of this. Subscribe premium with student discount. you can of course get it anyway. "

If I click on the link I come back to the page with all the options, but not the possibility that I can get the student discount without the 3 month trial version.

Can someone help me please?

Nin4niN
This was translated with google translate, i am very sorry for mistakes.

10 Replies

Re: No premium because I've already tested it

Luis1989
Visitor

I have exactly the same problem. Seems that the email i used to activate my student discount wasted the 3-month test period, and can't upgrade to premium student.

Solutions?

Hey there @Nin4niN and @Luis1989,

Thanks for reaching out! Sorry to hear you're unable to get the Premium Student without the Free trial. 

This is happening because you're using the same payment method to get the discount that you used for the Free trial in  the first place. Do you by chance have another payment method you could use to subscribe to Premium Student? 

After that you can update the payment details with your preferred payment method so you can use it. 

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

patta14
Casual Listener
I have got the exact same problem and unfortunately changing the method of payment is not an option for me.

Hi @patta14

Thanks for confirming this. 

Can you try with this link and tell us if there's any difference? Feel free to send us a screenshot if you get any kind of error message with it.

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

patta14
Casual Listener

Using the provided link does not help my problem. I attached the error message, it is in German though. It reads something like: "Looks like you already used the test offer. Therefore you can't use it again. You can still get the subscription with student discount anyway." Unfortunately though I can't seem to do exactly that.

paypal error.PNG

Hi again @patta14,

Thanks for getting back to us with a screenshot that contains the exact error message!

Can you try the following:

1. You must first be verified as a student through SheerID.

2. Then, you must update your payment details so that the Premium Student price can be applied (click on Get Discount). It's best to do this on a Desktop device, in an Incognito Window.

3. After that, to see if this worked out, you can check your subscription page.

Keep us posted if this error message pops up again or if something else prevents you from subscribing.

We're here for you!

PetyaModerator

DomiH82
Visitor
Hi!
I have a similar problem. I want to go from Free to Premium Family. I get the same error as described above.
Choosing another payment method is also not an option for me. Isn't there a way to subscribe without the 3 months test period?

Hi @DomiH82,

We totally understand you'd like to go from Free to Premium Family.

Can you tell us what happens when you try with this link (opened in an Incognito Window)? Let us know if you get an error message or a notification of some kind. 

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

miguelPreto
Visitor

same problem with me.

i have a free account and want to buy student premium, but it does not let me because i already have done the 3 months of trial.

can someone help?

SUGGESTED POSTS