Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Not letting me get student discount

Not letting me get student discount

Spotify Premium for Students Discount

After getting verified on Sheer and receiving the notice that I have this verification until 1/25/2021, it says I have “taken a trial before and not eligible for this discount”. This is not true as I have the requirements for a student account and wish to not even take a trial, but purchase a year long student premium package until my verification is up. 

Please email me back at *snip*  with your follow up.                                              Thanks -Jos

3 Replies

Hey there @user-removed,

Thanks for sharing this here in the Community!

Just to clarify, are you seeing this when selecting to upgrade to Spotify Premium Yearly or Premium Student?

Keep in mind that it's at the moment, it's not possible to prepay a year of Premium Student.

We'd also recommend following the steps listed in the verification email you received in an incognito or private window in your browser to upgrade. 

If you're still having troubles, it'd be helpful if you could share a screenshot of the error message you see so we can take a closer look on our end - just make sure that there's no private/sensitive info displayed.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Here are the error messages. (I am attaching them both just to show you. I don’t even want the trial I just want the half off price I should get with my student discount 

Jos17_1-1584952398091.png

Jos17_0-1584952345814.png

AECC6B21-5CFC-43C1-82BD-59A649DE41C5.png
5108DE72-E105-444E-B7E3-0319FC25CFA4.png

Hello @user-removed,

Thanks for sending those screenshots over!

Just double-checking, if you get the same error message when you click on the link in the red notification banner? If you do, try using this link instead to see if that makes a difference. 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts