Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Open University - Sheer ID goes to wrong page

Open University - Sheer ID goes to wrong page

I'm a student with the Open University in the UK and saw the discounted offer for premium that applies for students. I've gone through the stupid Sheer ID page at least 5 times to be sure but each time it takes me to the wrong page on the OU website. Instead of what I assume should be a portal I'm given a message about being forwarded to the "Open University Sign in Pages by the athens system and may be here by mistake". I have two options at that point.

1. Return to the Athens/Da homepage (whatever that is)

2. Proceed to the Open University Sign In

If I try 1. I'm taken to a page I'm not familiar with and have never used before. If I try option 2. then I'm told I'm not authorised to view the page. Other times I'm told I've redeemed the offer (I clearly haven't) and it's just ridiculous. You make it so hard to give you money that I'm about to give up.

I realise that there are a lot of people in a lot of universities all over the world but if this is how you verify people it should be a lot more straightforward. I'm no nearer subscribing than I was a few hours ago.

3 Replies

Hey there @user-removed, 

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

We suggest you try again in a private/incognito window. This step makes sure you avoid issues with your browser's cache. If that doesn't do the trick try again in a different kind of browser.  

It's also a good idea to log in to your Spotify account on another device just to check if you observe the same. If it doesn't occur on a different device, we'd suggest making sure that your original device is up to speed with any software updates available.

It's also possible that your university is not listed with SheerID. You can contact them here in order to check this. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

I've tried. Numerous times on different browsers and the messages I get are listed in my original message. If it was one message only I might think I'm doing something wrong but when I get three different messages at different times I don't know what is going on. Telling me that the offer has been redeemed sometimes, other times it's a university page telling me that I'm not authorised to view that page or the wrong university login page. Whether it's a problem with SheerID, Spotify, or the university doesn't matter. This is more hassle than it's worth so I'll just stick to free. Thanks.

Hey there @user-removed, 

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

In case you receive an error message saying the offer has been redeemed you need to get in touch with SheerID.

They'll send you an email including a new valid activation link allowing you to apply the student discount to your Spotify account. You can contact SheerID here. Just let them know what exactly happened and they'll gladly assist you further. 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

Suggested posts