Premium for Students

Country

US

Device

(Samsung Galaxy 10+, PC)

Operating System

(Android, Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

After looking at my payments I noticed that I got charged for Premuim rather than Student Premium. I didn't get any email about reverifying as a student and my year of verification doesn't end for a while. Is there any way I can get the $5.00 back that I was over cherged for?

8 Replies

Hey @jwestlake ,

Just to double-check, when did you sign up for the Premium for Students?

Thanks 🙂

I was over charged too - I tried to "renew" student but says I'm already registered for student

Hey there @nichollsl-au,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

It sounds like you may have applied the discount on another Spotify account. In this case, we'd recommend taking a look at this Spotify Answer to locate and access any other Spotify accounts you may have with us. Once you've located it, you can upgrade to Premium for Students here.

Keep in mind that you are entitled to only one account with the student discount at a time, and that discount lasts for 12 months. 

On another note, if you'd like more info regarding our refund policy, we'd recommend taking a look here.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

I don't have any other accout that I would be chaged to and my student premium ends in September so this obveously wasn't my fault. I'm not going to get overcharged again because for some reason all I had to do was change my subsciption type to student. Is there any way I can get that money back? Thats all I want.

I don't have a second account 

Hey there @jwestlake,

Thanks for getting back in touch!

In this case, we'd recommend taking a look at our support site article regarding our refund policy. It contains more info as well as providing the steps on how to reach out to us for a refund.

Hope this helps clarify things! Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with. 

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Plan

Premium for Students

Country

US

Device

(iPhone X, Mac)

Operating System

(iPhone, macOS Mojave)

My Question or Issue

I just started the student plan for my fourth year. Last month (November 19, 2019), I was charged $10.71 instead of the usual student rate. How do I get this refunded? How do I prevent this from happening again. I double-checked and my account is registered as a student. What should I do?

Thanks, John

Hi @jredhead16,

Thanks for joining in the discussion! 

There's a difference between verifying your discount through SheerID and activating the discount on your Spotify account.

Here's what you need to know so you can get the Premium Student price applied to your account:

1. You must first verify yourself as a student through SheerID.

2. Then, you must update your payment details so that the Premium Student price can be applied (click on Get Discount).

3. After that, to see if this worked out, you can check your subscription page.

But bear in mind that you cannot get a refund if you've been charged with the regular price and 14 days have passed. It's our users responsibility to check the status of their subscription. 

We also send an email with a note that the notification is about to expire before it does. If you haven't seen anything like that, you can check your spam folder and if the correct email is linked to your account. 

Hope this sheds light on the subject. Let us know if we can help with anything else 🙂 

PetyaModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts