Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Paid too much a couple of month (normal fee instead of student)

Paid too much a couple of month (normal fee instead of student)

I've been premium for over 1 year now and everytime I got a mail that I needed to confirm again that i'm still a student, i've done it. Still I have been charged to much for a couple of month. How do I get some money back? And how do I now if I'm considered a student from now on... can't apply for student discount, cause it says I've already done that... and still you charge me too much. I'm **bleep**.

2 Replies

I have the exact same problem. I got charged the standard price for 4 months despite being a student and recently got verified again. I missed the notifications to get my new verification as this was a very very busy period of my life and I had very little time to take care of many things. It is only recently that I realized I had been paying the standard price instead of the student one.

I contacted the support and all the options they gave me was either getting one extra month of premium or a 5€ refund despite me paying extra for 4 months.

If we were students during all this time and the only reason why we paid extra during those months was because of inattention, is it really impossible for Spotify to give us a refund for the extra bill?

I really hope Sannehoej and me will get some answers in this platform. 

Thanks in advance for all your help.

I have a similar problem. I was not checking my email address so i didn`t verify my student status but i am still studen t and they charged me double over couple of motnhs. Could you be able to solve the problem? If yes, how?

Suggested posts