Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Paused then discount disappeared

Paused then discount disappeared

Hello,

My account was paused because my credit card expired. I provided a new card and then was immediately charged. The amount that was charged did not reflect my student discount. May you please fix this?

Plan

Premium/Student

Country

Canada

4 Replies

Hey there @david77123

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

We suggest you open the email confirming your SheerID verification and scroll down to find a big button saying GET PREMIUM.

Click on this button and follow the steps in order to set up a payment method on which the student discount will be applied. Don't worry, you won't be charged additionally after performing these steps. It's just a mere confirmation of the payment details for your discount.

Once you finish updating the payment method you'll start paying the discounted price on the next billing date. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

Hello, I have had the student discount for a number of years and it shows
as currently active. When my subscription was briefly paused and then
resumed I was charged an the undiscounted rate. Is there a way of calling
Spotify to resolve their payment issue?
David

I am having the same issue! can anyone from Spotify help us?

Hey there @david77123 and @-rvezr31or_5f,

Thanks for asking about this! 

We can confirm that once verified through SheerID the discount is valid for 12 months. Then you should renew it.

Here's what you need to know so you can get the Premium Student price applied to your account again:

1. You must make sure you're verified as a student through SheerID.

2. Then, you must update your payment details so that the Premium Student price can be applied (click on Get Discount). For this, try entering your uni email address and password. If that doesn't do it, try with the Spotify email and password. Or, you can simply go to the confirmation email about the verification and click on the link.

3. After that, to see if this worked out, you can check your subscription page.

Can you try following the steps in this exact order and tell us what happens?

Let us know if we can help with anything else 🙂 

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts