Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium Student Discount (school not listed)

Premium Student Discount (school not listed)

Plan: Premium

My Question or Issue

I am a graduate student in the United States, and my school is not on the list of  schools that qualify for premium student Spotify, so I cannot get the student rate, even though I am a student. I have gone to SheerID's website to submit a form to add my school, but adding a school from the US is not even listed as an option on the list of countries. I would like my school (Des Moines University) to be added to the list, so that all students there can have the opportunity to get Spotify premium, and I hope you can help add US to the list of countries that can petition for schools to be added to the list.  Thank you!

3 Replies

Hey @RB221 ,

Thanks for reaching out.

If your university isn’t on the list, I’m afraid it’s not eligible right now. Check out other Premium offers and deals. 🙂

Hope this clears things up.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I ran into the same issue! I was able to easily get the Student Discount during my first undergrad, at a college in the U.S. Now, the United States is not even listed as a country that offers student discounts. Is this a random bug or do U.S. students not get student discounts?

Hey there @RB221 and @martahutchins,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

If you can't see your school listed on SheerID's website you might be experiencing an issue that we're currently investigating. 

Take a look at this Ongoing Issue and add your vote to it by clicking on the +VOTE button. Make sure you follow the steps provided under Status Update as well. 

It'll also be useful to Subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up to date with any relevant updates about this.

Keep us posted! If you have questions, you know where to find us.   

Suggested posts