Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium Student

Premium Student

Germany.

I had to pay twice 9.99 now, eventhough I am a student and verified myself two month ago on the 13.11.2019.

Why is my dicsount gone, and I can't get another one? You have 4 years, I used 2 (this is my 3rd).

SmartSelect_20200113-183840_Chrome.jpg
8 Replies

Hey there @nyuqz,

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

If you've used only 2 yeas of the student discount, you should be able to benefit from it again. 

The reason why you've been charged with the full price, is because your Student discount has expired. After verification, it's valid for 12 months. When they expire, you should verify it again. 

We also send an email with a notification that the discount is about to expire before it does. If you haven't seen anything like that, you can check your spam folder and if the correct email is linked to your account. 

Here's what you need to know so you can get the Premium Student price applied to your account:

1. You must first verify yourself as a student through SheerID.
  2. Then, you must update your payment details so that the Premium Student price can be applied (click on Get Discount).
  3. After that, to see if this worked out, you can check your subscription page.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have more questions.

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

@petya

Ehh.. I think you may not know german, so I will translate it for you.

The image I attached, says "You are verified!"

And then some other unnecessary text.. 

This picture was from an email, I received in november, because I "verified" myself already two months ago, and now I it says my student discount is already taken, eventhough I had to pay 9.99, instead of 4.99.

I did all of that already, and I have the feeling you didn't even read my problem.

It says I'm verified two months ago, but yet I have to pay 9.99 instead of 4.99. I can't verify, because I already did "appearently", but I still got charged with the normal price..

There is nothing in my spam, or normal folder, since I already verified myself, at least it says in the picture/email.

Hey @nyuqz

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

Bear in mind that there is a difference between verifying the discount through SheerID and activating the discount on your Spotify account. 

Getting the Student discount consists of 2 steps:

1. SheerID verification, which confirms that you verified your student status (which you have already secured).  
  2. Activating the discount on your Spotify account, which updates the price from 9.99 to 4.99 EUR.

If you're still paying the full price, this means that the discount isn't activated on your account. If you received the confirmation that you're already verified, just update your preferred payment method here. Don't worry about being charged double for the current month - updating the payment details will ensure you get the subscription. 

If all of the above steps don't help, make sure the discount is verified for the correct Spotify account. Check to see if you have any other accounts

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

Hello..

I tried all of this twice now, and it doesn't work. I can assure you that I don't have another account, since I just recently changed my password.

When I go to the link you put here it says this:

And I can't do anything else..

SmartSelect_20200117-104511_Chrome.jpg

Hey @nyuqz,

Thanks for trying these steps out. 

There's another thing you could give a try. Since you're already verified as a student via SheerID, you can try updating your payment details entering:

1. Your email address (connected to your Spotify account) and Spotify password.
  2. Your uni email and password. 

Try entering the first combination and then the second. To see if it has worked, check the status of your subscription on your account page.

Let us know how that goes.

PetyaModerator

@Petya
Hello again, I have updated my account email to my student email and this is the 2nd time now I got charged 9.99 instead of 4.99 eventhough I'm "verified". Whats up? Why am I still getting charged EVENTHOUGH I'm verified???

Hey there @nyuqz

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We suggest you contact SheerID directly and let them know about the error message you're seeing. You can do that here.

The folks at SheerID will send you another email including a new activation link. You must follow this link in order to successfully apply the discount on your Spotify subscription. 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Suggested posts