Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium for Students changed to Family Premium without consent or warning

Premium for Students changed to Family Premium without consent or warning

Hello everyone!

I have been using Spotify Premium for Students since Jan 2018. A while back, I received an email called "Welcome to Family Premium" (or similar, it was in Hungarian, "Üdvözlünk a Családi Premium csomagban").

I disregarded it as a mistake, as I knew I had a different package.

Now fast forward until today, when I take a look at my bank statement and it shows that I am actually BILLED for Family Premium, without any notice. Zero emails, zero notifications on the app, nothing. I really hope there is a reasoning behind this, as I haven't changed anything anywhere, and as far as I know, no one gained access to my account (there are no unknown devices on the Offline Devices tab, but you don't offer any kind of login history, or it's buried somewhere deep).

As a precaution, I cancelled the Family Premium subscription, I wanted to de-link my credit card but found no way to do so.

Has this happened to anyone?

(I have already sent a support ticket, I just wanted to post here to gather some additional information.)

1 Reply

Hey @Stryp.

Thanks for reaching out to us on the Community about this, and sorry to hear it's happened to you!

We suggest you head on over to this thread, where you will be able to get a bit more information about this.

All the best!

Suggested posts