Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium for Students suddenly not applied to my account

Premium for Students suddenly not applied to my account

So I have had Spotify Premium for Students since I started college, and I have one semester left. For some reason, my student discount stopped applying to my account last month and I didn't get any notification or warning leading up to it, just suddenly my spotify and hulu were not working anymore. Come to find out, another account is using my student information and I have no way of figuring out who or what account has it? I'm really upset because I've never had issues with it and then suddenly one semester before I graduate I am no longer able to get my discount or use Hulu. Extremely disappointing and so far the spotify page has been of absolutely no help. I don't know what to do, but if I have to continue paying full price when I am a literal STUDENT then I am just going to take my business elsewhere. My four years is not up yet, so that is not the issue here. I have only ever had one other spotify account and it has been deleted since I got a new one. So there is no logical explanation as to why someone else is reaping the benefits of my student status.

Screenshot 2020-01-05 at 2.34.12 PM.png
1 Reply

Hey @Brooke98,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting this here. 

Sorry to hear about what happened with your student discount. 

If you double-checked and you can confirm you did successfully renew your Premium student for another year but the discount results currently already applied to another account, it'd be helpful to get in touch with our support team so that they can have a careful look backstage.

You'll be able to reach out to them by following the steps under the 'Write to us' in this support site article.

Hope this'll be useful. Let us know if we can help with anything at any time!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts