Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium student in other account (?)

Premium student in other account (?)

Hello everyone, A few days ago I try to log in with my student account. The verify process was successfully, so today I want to terminate my subscription to Spotify, adding my payments card details. In this process seems to create a new account and it can't have the premium for students promotion because it is actived in "another"(unknown) account. It is not possible because I directly reply the email of SheerID...how can I solve this situation? Thank you!
3 Replies

Hey there @Umbi1,

thanks for posting !

Let figure this issue together.

You have managed applying for the students offer then went and canceled your premium account in order to activate the student account ?

Waiting on your update ?

Hi,
thank you for your answer.
At first, I checked my student account (23th of may),
after that, yesterday, I run Spotify by the url received in my confirmation
email.
In this phase, It create me a Premium standard account. When I understand
this situation,
I request the elimination and I try again...for a few times...but the
result is the same.

How can i solve this problem?

Thank you

Hey there @Umbi1,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community regarding this!

It's possible that the student discount was applied in another Spotify account you have with us. Keep in mind that you are entitled to only one account with the student discount at a time, and that discount lasts for 12 months even if you cancel the subscription or close the account. This would explain why you're seeing this error message.

You can double check if that's the case by following the steps provided in this Spotify Answer to locate any additional accounts you may have set up with us.

Once you have located the account that the discount has been applied to, you can head here to avail of Premium for Students. 

Let us know how it goes! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts