Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium student won't work

Premium student won't work

Hello, 

I coverted my subscription plan to Premium Student recently, and while I could verify my student status and the payment went well, my account is still not upgraded. I am from Italy, but have activated my student account with my Japanese university student id, as I am currently here as an exchange student. I have already changed my country to Japan, and have tried both logging out and back in and uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

Thank you for your help.

5 Replies

Hey there @Lotusgirl

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

We suggest you first try updating the payment details in your Spotify account. Simply open this link and follow all the steps. Don't worry, you won't be charged additionally after you do this. It's just a confirmation of the payment details for your student discount.

Once you’ve done so, go to your account page and scroll down to Your plan - here you’ll see the updated price of your subscription. 

If that doesn’t do the trick, just let us know and we’ll provide you with further help. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

Hello, thank you for your answer. Unfortunately, updating my payment method
did not work. I could already see on my account that my new plan was
premium student, however on the app I can't seem to access songs that I am
supposed to access with this new subscription. It is kind of like being
stuck to the free trial version. I know for certain these songs are
included in premium student, as my acquaintance who also activated it in
Japan could access them when activated.

Hey @Lotusgirl

Thanks for getting back to us.

Is it possible that you're logged in to the wrong Spotify account? Sometimes Spotify users create more than one account for different reasons. In such a case you might have both free and Premium accounts. If you're accidentally logged in to your free account, you won't be able to see Premium features. 

We suggest you head to this help page. Make sure you check all the troubleshooting steps and especially the ones for finding other accounts.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

Hello again. I am sure that this is the account I have activated Spotify
premium student on. I have double checked and it also says so on my account
plan when I log in with the same account I am logged into in my android
app. The problem is not that it hasn't activated the plan, but that the
plan new features don't seem to be there. Thank you anyways.

Hey @Lotusgirl

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

It's possible that the app version available in Japan is slightly different than the one in Italy. This is why you might be seeing different features. 

Also, we’re often testing and launching improvements and new features. This means you might see something on the app your friend doesn’t, or get a new feature to try temporarily. 

We suggest you check this help article for more info about test features.

Tip: Make sure you don't miss a thing by enabling automatic updates on your device.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

Suggested posts