Premium to student premium

Solved!

Premium to student premium

Plan

Premium

Country

uk

My Question or Issue

I am currently a premium user on my iPhone 6 Plus and am now looking to take advantage of my student discount. I’ve read online I have to cancel my account then re sign up to obtain the discount but I don’t want to loose all my playlists etc. 

Is there any way to keep this?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @emmajwebster79, welcome to the community. 

Hope you’re doing great!

When you switch your plan, you shouldn’t lose your playlists, saved music or podcasts.

You can easily log into your account, and locate your subscription info. Then click “CHANGE or CANCEL”. Afterwards you’ll see the available plans for your account. 

Although, you mentioned you read online that you had to sign up for Spotify again; that’s not true. You can do all of this from your account. without creating a new account. 

You can also learn more about Premium for Students here

Happy listening 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @emmajwebster79, welcome to the community. 

Hope you’re doing great!

When you switch your plan, you shouldn’t lose your playlists, saved music or podcasts.

You can easily log into your account, and locate your subscription info. Then click “CHANGE or CANCEL”. Afterwards you’ll see the available plans for your account. 

Although, you mentioned you read online that you had to sign up for Spotify again; that’s not true. You can do all of this from your account. without creating a new account. 

You can also learn more about Premium for Students here

Happy listening 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

And also, I just switched to Student Premium and didn't have to cancel my account. I bought Premium for a year so it will auto-renew to the Student Premium in December for me. But you won't lose playlists at all.

Hello, Try this --- PC

* Log in -->  Account overview --> Manage Plan --> Change or Cancel --> Premium for students(Get Discount) , Finally confirm you are a student with some information 

Thank you so much. All sorted and not one track lost.

Amazing 👍🏼👏🏼

Suggested posts