Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problem in acquiring student discount

Problem in acquiring student discount

I recently saw the new offer of spotify and I wanted to try it since money is not just picked up in the streets and I wanted to utilize my student privileges. So I went on and filled up the necessary things and uploaded documents supporting that I am a bonafide student. And I waited for an email from sheerID and got it just now. BUT, here's the problem. When I clicked "COMPLETE PURCHASE" in SheerID's email that clearly says that I'm a verified student, the button got me to the homepage of spotify student and it just starts again. Now, I can't go premium and it sucks. Thanks in advance for the help.

Capture.PNG
hv.PNG
11 Replies

Hey!

You're on the right page. To complete the sign up, just click Get Premium and then put in your payment info. It should work nicely.

I put in my payment info then it all went back to me verifying that I'm a student. Had to upload the files but this time, an error occured and i can't do it again anymore and plus, my paymaya is charged and i don't get premium. Thanks

Sorry, but I'm a bit confused.

So, you received an email confirmation from SheerID saying that you're successfully verified. All that's left for you to do now is to enter your payment details.

Just click Complete Purchase in the email. You'll then directed to our purchase panel where you'll need to enter your payment card. There's no need for you to upload your student credentials again as you're already verified.

If your payment went through, you'll see the standard confirmation page that welcomes you to premium for students.

I hope this clarifies things. If the problem persists, can you let me know the exact error message you're getting when trying to sign up?

It's my first time to use money online using paymaya, I had a problem acquiring student discount this afternoon, I was doing fine putting all the necessary details but internet connection went bad for a bit, I was charged by paymaya Php 65.00, without even getting a premium subscription for my spotify account.. 

Please check the image, In it I erased something next to the word Spotify, like some sort of code, but I tried to use it in an option where you put the premium code, it doesnt work, even the reference code from my phone.. I tried to repeat the process but it wont work since I'm already charged Php 65.00 from my account, I really would appreciate your help. Thank you.

IMG_5575.JPG
IMG_5576.JPG

Hey hamartophobia!

Your account is now on the student Premium, so all looks good! Just log out and back in again 🙂

Bom dia, ontem dia 07/05/17 fui fazer minha aquisição do plano estudante. Comecei fazendo meu cadastro, coloquei os dados do cartão para pagamento e quando fui preencher qual universidade estudo, o Spotify voltou minha página para o cadastro novamente. Então lá fui eu preencher tudo de novo e colocar novamente os dados do meu cartão. Hoje, recebo a msg da fatura do meu cartão de crédito e lá estava duas vezes sendo cobrado o valor de 10,00 do Spotify. Duas coisas, gostaria que vocês extornassem um desses valores porque eu não assinei duas vezes. E outra, o valor que vem dizendo para universitário é 8,50 e não 10,00.
Outro problema, hoje, 08/05/17 e que após ter pago duas vezes 10 reais sem entender, recebi o e-mail da Spotify dizendo que sou estudante e minha universidade era cadastrada e que era só clicar para confirmar a compra... Cliquei confirmei a compra, achando que iria pagar uma só, mas foram debitados duas. E ainda por cima, quando entro no aplicativo do Spotify aparece como se eu não tivesse contratado plano nenhum. Aguado resposta para meu grande problema.

Hi. I'm having the same problem as yours. How did you verify your account? 

Same problem with me. I tried the student discount on the Spotify app but it didn't work cause when I keep pressing choose file, it says nothing and yet I'm already paid and I didn't receive any emails.
I tried doing it at the website itself and it worked. What will happen to my other payment?
IMG_20170822_231956.png
Screenshot_2017-08-22-23-03-42.png

Same problem. I have an e-mail that says verified my account but then it all starts at the begin.

Hey, how was it solved? 

I have a similiar situation. Please check it here:  https://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts/I-cannot-upgrade-to-Premium/td-p/2256059

HELP! I’m using Paymaya to apply for student discount as well and been charged without getting premium. PLEase help! 

3DB98B0C-8374-4960-8B81-BD6E5D96FB82.png

Suggested posts