Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problem of verifying me as a student

Solved!

Problem of verifying me as a student

I am a grad student at Hult International Business School (school is on the list!), however, Spotify wouldn't verify me. 

Please help!!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi!

That is because you have tried to apply for the Student Discount more than one time. But as said, the charges are still on pending, so the extra charges should go away in the very near future. 

Hope this helps you out, 

Leo

If you liked my post: Feed my ego with likes 😄
If this post has solved your issue: Please accept this as Solution
Music is a world within itself, it is a language we all understand. ~ Stevie Wonder

Leo | Rock Star | Rock Star Program
Follow me on Spotify
Banner_Spotify.png

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the Spotify Community 🙂

Let me walk you through the steps of getting Spotify Student Discount. Tell me if you did anything different, or at what step you've arrived, so we can troubleshoot this together.

1. Head over here and click on buy Student Discount. 
  2. Then add in your recurring payment method. 
  3. Send in all the documents asked for. 
  4. Wait until you get an email (remember to check spam folders) from SheerID stating that you have to resend your documents correcting errors stated in the email. If you don't get the email, just skip to the next step. 
  5. Check your email and Spam folders for a confirmation email from Spotify saying that you now have Spotify Premium. 
  6. Log into your account and enjoy the premium benefits. 

If you don't get any emails from Spotify or SheerID, just wait a bit, because SheerID can take up to 28 to verify that you're a student. 

Hope this helps you out,

Leo

Music is a world within itself, it is a language we all understand. ~ Stevie Wonder

Follow me on Spotify
Banner_Spotify.png

I'm form Denmark, and I could not select my University. I had to querying for it. 

What if I don't get verified as a student? 
The payment is transfered. Do I get the money back, if it dosn't work?

Hey! 

Anyway, don't worry about the money, since the transaction is still on pending. This means that Spotify froze the money from your account, to see if you actually can pay the premium subscription. As soon as Spotify notices that you haven't finished signing up, they are going to unfreeze the money and you will be able to use it again. This is what happens if you don't sign up. 

Hope I could help you,
Leo

Follow me on Spotify
Banner_Spotify.png

Thank you! it worked now. However, I saw thay Spotify charged me 4,99 three times.. why is that? thank you 

Marked as solution

Hi!

That is because you have tried to apply for the Student Discount more than one time. But as said, the charges are still on pending, so the extra charges should go away in the very near future. 

Hope this helps you out, 

Leo

Follow me on Spotify
Banner_Spotify.png

What should I do if my school is not on the list?

Hi! 

If your University is not on the list, you can submit the name of your school here and then wait for SheerID to verify it.

Hope this helps,

Leo

Follow me on Spotify
Banner_Spotify.png

Suggested posts