Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problem with my country and student account

Solved!

Problem with my country and student account

Hello, first of all, sorry for my bad English !

Then, I have subscribed at the student thing in October approximately. And i have paid for the first month the right price. But in December I received a mail telling me that I had to put again my credit card stuff because they couldn’t make me pay. So I went directly on the application and yes I really had to put again all my informations. So I wanted to but I saw that to subscribe again to the student thing I had to put my postal code (I don’t know if we say it like this in English) and my postal code wasn’t wrong because the country written on Spotify is “US” but i have live in France and I have Never been to the US or an other country since I started the premium on Spotify. And I looked on the site and to change the country on my account I have to remove my subscription to the premium account and do everything again. But if I do that I will lose my student thing because I won’t be able to subscribe again with it. It isn’t written on the site.

so what can I do ? To change my country or to make me subscribe again to the student stuff ? Because I don’t remimber ever putting US when I subscribed to Spotify. I would never do this and I am the kind of person that is careful. Please help me.

how to change my country without losing my student account ? 

Thank you so much and sorry for my mistakes 

I put in English the Spotify site for the screenshots. 

2195FAE3-5999-4601-9962-FB16E414D3A4.png
9A8551C3-5BF6-4708-A929-12F1B2B94D78.png
38C26DEF-8AD8-4890-B74D-092EEEE2A4C4.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Galaksi.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this, and apologies for the late reply!

If you're still having trouble with this, could you try doing the following:

1. Cancel your payment by following the steps listed here
  2. Resubscribe to the student discount here using a payment method which is registered in your country (this will automatically change your country)

If you see that your country changes back to US or any other country, we suggest you check out this support article here for more info on how to proceed.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions relating to this.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @Galaksi.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this, and apologies for the late reply!

If you're still having trouble with this, could you try doing the following:

1. Cancel your payment by following the steps listed here
  2. Resubscribe to the student discount here using a payment method which is registered in your country (this will automatically change your country)

If you see that your country changes back to US or any other country, we suggest you check out this support article here for more info on how to proceed.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions relating to this.

Suggested posts