Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problems with Student Verification

Problems with Student Verification

Plan

Premium for Students

My Question or Issue
I've been on a student plan, and I'm trying to verify that I am still a student but the service keeps returning a problem with verification. When I first signed up with the student plan, I was attending Washington State University.  Now I am attending Full Sail University, but Spotify says it can't verify that I'm a student. I've only used 1 year of eligibility for the Spotify Premium service, so I'm not out of the 4-years of eligibility Spotify offers.

Spotify Verify.PNG

5 Replies

Hey @therealjendub, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great! 

Could you try this using a different browser or incognito mode? If that doesn't help, can you let me know if you saw your new university name listed? 

You can also submit for manual verification. For more info, check out SheerID’s FAQ.

Let me know how this goes 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Billy-J,

I've tried the verification through Chrome (regular and incognito) and tried on Microsoft Edge. Full Sail University is listed in the drop down, though it has to be typed in, in lower case letters for it to show up. Not sure if that makes a difference or not. I have like, 25 or so months as an undegrad student through the University and really want to be able to use the student discount for Spotify, lol.

Thanks for your help!

Hey @therealjendub.

Thanks for the reply! Could you let me know if you're actively enrolled? 

Keep me updated 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star

I am actively enrolled in the Software Development bachelor's program, as an online student. I may try the manual verification with my student number, and acceptance letter as proof as attendance.

Hey @therealjendub.

Just checking in, did this work for you at all?

Keep me posted 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts