Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problems with switching to student discount

Problems with switching to student discount

I'm honestly becoming very frustrated with waiting and trying again multiple times to get this discount. I can barely afford the $9.99+ premium and now that I'm a college student I need anything I can get. I've tried on so many occasions since I got officially accepted to my college to get this because I can't afford a lot. I am honestly going to unsubscribe from Spotify if this can't get fixed soon. Every single time I enter in my information it asks for it pops up this red alert box saying "Unfortunately we cannot confirm you're a student" and it's making me very upset. I am a student. I've been attending classes for weeks now and I'm all confirmed in the system. All I want is a great discount on my music and this is making me want to consider a different music app. Someone please help. 

Screenshot_1.png
2 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the Spotify Community 🙂

Having to pay too much isn't cool! Let's try and get this sorted. 

First of all let's be sure that it isn't because of your browsers cache. 

Try doing the following things:

• Try opening the link in a private/incognito tab.
    • If that doesn't work, change browser and clear both browsers cache.
    • Lastly if that doesn't work either, try opening the webpage on another device, that should do the trick!

If that still doesn't help, after you have submitted your documents to SheerID, you'll receive an email from SheerID stating if your request has been accepted, or if it has been rejected, it will tell you the reasons. Try resending the documents correcting the things SheerID said were wrong. 

I hope this helped.
Tell me how things work out 🙂

Leo

If you liked my post: Feed my ego with likes 😄
If this post has solved your issue: Please accept this as Solution
Music is a world within itself, it is a language we all understand. ~ Stevie Wonder

Leo | Rock Star | Rock Star Program
Follow me on Spotify
Banner_Spotify.png

I couldn't do anything with SheerID. I still cant get the discount for some reason. 

Suggested posts