Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Removing Hulu From Spotify

Removing Hulu From Spotify

Hi, I've read so many questions/answers on here and am still unsure if there is a particular solution to my problem. 

I have a Spotify Student Account and decided to link my existing Hulu Account in order to get the deal.  I've since decided to switch to a different Hulu plan (Hulu with Live) but am unable to do so as long as I'm linked to my Spotify account.  According to both Spotify and Hulu, I'm supposed to go to the other to remedy this problem, so I'm unsure what to do from here. 

I've gone into my spotify account and removed "app access" for Hulu, however I do not think that will solve my problem. 

The only other solution I can think of is cancelling my Spotify premium and letting my premium subscription lapse for the month. 

Just sort of frustrated at this point.  Any suggestions welcome

4 Replies

Hey there @mmmaker,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community!

No worries, if you'd like to use Spotify Premium without Hulu, you can downgrade any time to regular Premium via your Account page. You will lose access to Hulu on the next billing date 🙂

Hope this helps!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

I am having this same issue. There is currently no way to change the access the Hulu once you have connected it. Removing access on the Apps page does not do anything here. There is also no way to change which services you access on the Subscription page or the Your Services page. How do I disconnect Hulu from Spotify so I can change my Hulu account?

This is not a fix. There is not an option to downgrade. This is trash service.

Hey there @Disgruntledspot,

Welcome to the Community!

You can downgrade to Premium anytime via your account page. You will lose access to Hulu on the next billing date.

Currently there is no way to change your Hulu account without doing so. Spotify constantly strives to improve the user experience with its features and the easiest way to achieve this is by regular app updates. That’s why we appreciate you taking the time to share your suggestion with the Community. 

If you think other users might also like it, go ahead and create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented :slightly_smiling_face: 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts