Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Renew Spotify student

Renew Spotify student

i am trying to renew my Spotify student account but I get the following message when I try to verify my student ID “Person may not verify again because of same person verification limit”. I have never renewed my account before, this is my first time doing it. 

6 Replies

Hey there @Diem123!

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out to us.

You can start off by checking your inbox to see if you've received a confirmation email from SheerID. You should be able to apply the discount on your account by clicking the link in that email.

It's also worth giving it a shot in an incognito window to avoid the possible issues that the data stored in your browser may cause.

If that doesn't solve this, feel free to take a look at this Spotify Answer that has some other steps that you can try.

Keep us in the loop and don't hesitate to get back to us if you have any other questions. 

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have not received any emails from sheerID. I tried to verify again and says that I have already redeemed the offer. 

Hi again @Diem123,

Thanks for getting back to us!

Have you also checked the Spam, Junk and Social folders of your mail, just in case an email from SheerID has landed there? 

Apart from that, can you send us a screenshot with the error message you receive if it continues to show up? Make sure to cover any personal information in case it's present on the screenshot. 

What you could find useful is that there's a difference between verifying your status as a student and activating it on your Spotify account.

The verification happens through SheerID, while the activation on your Spotify account happens when you click on the link in the email @Elena mentioned or when you update your payment details.

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

This is the message I get when I go to verify my student ID. 

Screen Shot 2020-08-04 at 5.02.57 pm.png

I have not received any emails from spotify to activate my student discount. 

Hey there @Diem123,

Thanks for the screenshot 🙂

If you get this error message, that means you're verified by SheerID. Can you check if the email you've used for the verification is the same as the one on your Spotify account? That could be a reason for you not receiving the email.

Tip: Just keep in mind that the link active for 7 days.

If you still can't see an email for activation or the link doesn't work anymore, we'd suggest you contact SheerID. The folks there can send you a new email.

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, you know where to find us. 

PetyaModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts